I recruited for and led a project to redesign a small business website, collaborating with several other UX designers and researchers. Research consisted of a stakeholder interview, user interviews, heuristic analyses, and competitor reviews. Two design concepts were presented, including typography and color schemes. I created a WordPress Theme from scratch via a theme-builder, then implemented the design, with modifications, via WordPress, revising the theme and employing plug-ins and CSS as needed.
The original Reel Titles website was created in 2008-ish, and its appearance was considerably dated as of 2022. The client allowed me carte blanche in the redesign, with two specific requests: Do away with off-topic header image and remove outdated past projects.
Through research, the team identified a number of other priorities:
- Relocate contact info to more user-friendly location
- Relocate social links to more user-friendly location
- Remove unnecessary/confusing search box
- Add form to request quote for ease of use
- Add buttons to link to form for ease of use
- Update copy for readability and relevance
- Modernize logo, color scheme, and typography for relevance and readability
- Ensure strong color contrast and useful alt text for accessibility
- Update copyright year to reflect present and improve trustworthiness
- Confirmation message on form submit to indicate expected response time
- Remove physical address
- Remove admin login from footer
Check out the before and after below!